Monday-Friday – CLOSED
Thursday – 6:00 pm – 9:00 pm
Saturday & Sunday – 11:00 am – 9:00 pm
Snow Glow Tubing
Friday – 6:00 pm – 9:00 pm
Saturday – 6:00 pm – 11:00 pm
6:00 pm – 9:00 pm | $7.00
11:00 am – 5:30 pm | $10.00
11:00 am – 4:00 pm | $5
Skate Rental | $3
Snow Glow Tubing
6:00 pm – 9:00 pm | $10.00
9:00 pm – 11:00 pm | $10.00
Tickets can be purchased:
Cone Park is located at 3800 Line Drive in the southeast part of Sioux City. The park is situated near I-29 and the Highway 20 bypass to the east of the ibp Ice Center and Lewis & Clark Ballpark. Keep up with the latest on the Cone Park Sioux City Facebook page.
The tubing hill will open for the season when temperatures are consistently cool enough to keep a solid snow base, generally around 32 degrees. The ice skating rink has a refrigeration system to offer extended use through the winter months. Watch the Cone Park Sioux City Facebook page.
The Parks and Recreation Department would like to inform park users there are several situations that may impact the use and availability of the tubing hill and/or ice skating rink at Cone Park during the season. In consideration of our user’s safety and facility operations, we would like to inform every one of the conditions that may limit or prohibit park usage.
1. Mechanical Failure – If a mechanical failure occurs to park equipment to include the snow groomer, Zamboni, tub lift, etc., the use of the tubing hill and/or ice skating rink may be limited or prohibited.
2. Severe Cold – If the forecasted high temperature for the day is at or below zero, access to the ice skating rink and/or tubing hill may be prohibited for the safety of the public. To properly notify the public in advance, the closure will be determined by weather forecast.
3. Rain – The park will immediately close in the event of rain. Rain events cause unsafe conditions for tubers and ice skaters. Use of the facility during these conditions may also cause severe damage to the park grounds and equipment. To properly notify the public in advance, the closure will be determined by weather forecast.
4. Blizzard/Heavy Snow – Use of the tubing hill and/or ice skating rink may be limited or prohibited when there is a severe snowstorm and travel is not recommended. If the park is open during these conditions, additional grooming may be required during the tubing and/or ice skating sessions to ensure proper surfaces.
5. Unseasonably warm temperatures, high humidity, or drastic temperature changes – Iowa experiences differing weather conditions during the winter months. Unseasonably warm temperatures may cause slushy, muddy, and wet conditions at the park. Warm temperatures and high humidity can create unsafe conditions that can cause damage to the grounds and equipment. If there are significant temperature changes from one day to the next, a closure may be required to allow time to make or groom snow for the tubing hill, as well as, make fresh ice for the skating rink. Depending on the severity of the changing weather conditions, a closure may need to occur for an extended period of time in order to prepare the grounds for use.
When the tubing hill and/or ice skating rink is limited or prohibited for use, the Cone Park Lodge, including the concessions, and the outdoor fire pit may remain open for public use during operating hours.
Park users with an existing reservation will be allowed to transfer their reservations to a different date or receive a full refund if any of the above circumstances occur. Those with reservations will be contacted directly by phone and/or email. If the park closes prior to the completion of a session, park users will be offered a free pass to use their next visit.
The public is directed to view the Cone Park Sioux City Facebook Page for all Cone Park closings and updates.
Yes. A bunny hill has been created for all ages to use. The main tubing hill is for ages 5 and up. Those under the age of 5 are welcome to use the bunny hill, sponsored by Wells Enterprises.
No. Outside tubes are not allowed. Tubes are provided at Cone Park.
No. Due to the large demand for use, discounts are not available. See Off-Hours Park Rental rates
The hill itself is 83 feet tall, the tubing run is about 700 feet long and 126 feet wide, and the carpet lift is 450 feet long.
We recommend users with mobility issues utilize the Off-Hours Park Rental option for accommodations. If proper assistance is available during normal operating hours for any of these individuals, they may attend any session.
Cash, credit cards and debit cards are accepted. Checks are NOT accepted. ALL sales are FINAL. No refunds or exchanges.
We will have a limited supply of double tubes available to assist small children. Minimum age is 5 years old.
Yes. The lodge meets all ADA requirements.
Yes. You may call the Parks & Rec office at 712-279-6126 and pay with a credit card over the phone; or, you can stop into the office and buy them with cash, check, or credit card.
Parking is available on the west side of Line Drive or in the ibp Ice Center parking lot.
Private rentals and field trips are available. See Private Rental rates.
There is a run-out area to decrease your speed and a reverse grade at the bottom of the hill to slow you down.
A carpet lift will take you to the top of the hill. It is like an escalator.
The laser lights will only be operating during Snow Glow Tubing, Friday & Saturday nights from 6:00 pm – 9:00 pm and/or 9:00 pm – 11:00 pm.
The water to make the snow is pumped from the storm water and run off in the Sertoma Park pond.
Yes. The fee to ice skate is $5.00. You may bring your own skates or rent skates for $3.00.
Parks & Recreation staff will be using a Zamboni to take care of the ice sheet.
Yes. Customers may bring their own ice skates.
Music will be played at all times – day and night.
Low income passes are available at the Parks & Recreation Administrative Office at 401 Gordon Drive. Call 712-279-6126 before stopping down for required documentation.
Yes. Tables are first-come, first-serve. We recommend registering for your desired tubing session. You are allowed to bring in birthday cake/cupcakes. This is the only outside food we allow during the winter season. No outside drinks allowed.
Not at this time. They may be available in the future.
No. Snowboarding is not currently available.